Thursday 26 November 2009

How to show interest with someone in an informal conversation

In this programme you can find out how to show interest with someone in an informal way. After you have listened to the programme, get some more practice with the quiz below.

WHAT HAVE YOU LEARNT?

Vocabulary activity
Look at the sentences below which come from the programme. Some of the words are missing. Use the drop down menu to choose the correct word to complete each sentence.

Sentence Showing interest
I'm going see the new James Bond film next week. Are you?
I try to go to the gym at least twice a week to keep fit. Do you?
Last week I was in Thailand for a work conference. Were you?
I went to see my grandmother in the country last weekend. Did you?
My boss told me today she was giving me a big pay rise. Wow!
Did you know that she's getting married next week? Really?
I'm going to start working on that new project in India next month. That's interesting.

WHAT HAVE YOU LEARNT?

Vocabulary activity
Look at the sentences below which come from the programme. Some of the words are missing. Use the drop down menu to choose the correct word to complete each sentence. To find out if you are right or wrong click the 'Check answers' button.

page

No comments:

Post a Comment