Wednesday 15 July 2009

Google PageRank Update spanks a lot of Bloggers


It's almost a month I didn't write up anything on this blog; I keep myself busy with the Eid Mubarak celebration and I got several things need to be sorted. After a long rest, it's hard to get started again after losing all the momentum. Opening my google reader is a good headstart as it allows me to have a quick flip through on blogs I subscribed. The first thing that captures my attention is when I noticed most of them talked about Google pagerank update where the affected bloggers get penalized. This time, it is no longer a rumor when Google said they want to play hardball to fight against sponsored links. So here is the list of several of many blogs I usually visit, affected by the wrath of the Big G.

1. JohnTP (from 6 to 3)
2. CYpherhackz (from 5 to 0)
3. Problogger (from 7 to 6)
4. Sizlopedia (from 5 to 3)
5. Sabahan (from 5 to 4)

Luckily, I am not affected by the clean sweep (still PR4), obviously since I don't have any sponsored links from Text Link Ads. The rumour about Google crackdown had been reverberating across the blogosphere couple of months ago, so there was ample time for TLA if they wished to do some changes on protecting their business (it means protecting the publishers interests too) before the 'Googlement Day' but apparently they take things for granted.

Many high profile bloggers had taken down the TLA links and I believe they had taken the appropriate measure to rectify the problem. If you too were affected, after removing all the thing disliked by the Google and complying all the guides outlined, you may want to report to them to reconsider your blog for PR inclusion. You may do this by visiting Google Webmaster Tools and you need to sign in before making the request.

request consideration

Many bloggers and established directories had lost their PR trophies and it's now time for people who are majorly affected by the Google's action to take new standard; not paying attention and depending too much on PR. Even though there is a major PR downgrade in many websites, I still didn't hear people ranting about losing significant traffic; this is absolutely a good news. There's no use of having PR skying up high but with only a small fraction of traffic. Let's hope the changes only numerical without affecting keywords for SERPs . For those affected and obsessed with news related to PR like me (;p) I hope your PRs will get back to normal real soon.




No comments:

Post a Comment